Tuesday, 16 August 2011

Gailey Res.

Think we may have taken too long this morning debating whether to go or stay, Red Necked Grebe was reported to be showing well but would the weather hold out, toss up between seeing the bird for the first time (in my case of course, not he who must be obeyed) and getting a good shot for the records, cost of petrol always comes into these equations and would it be better to leave it for another day, then again would it then still be there, decisions, decisions, in the end as most of the time we could not resist the call, as it turned out we could have done with being there 30 mins earlier as it had just been seen quite close to the bank and in full sunshine, but we persevered for about four hours and although never venturing that close again and with the sun most of the time behind the clouds, I got a few shots some of which below, still have a few more to check out, but will have to see if we can return to have a better crack at it, these however were worth the nettles I ended up sitting and kneeling in!!!!

Red Necked Grebe.

Red Necked Grebe.

Red Necked Grebe.

Red Necked Grebe.

No comments:

Post a comment